In this workshop we want to show you how to integrate backing vocals into your mix with depth and room effects that will make them sound natural…
Besides purely technical and audio corrections, Samplitude also provides the opportunity to process special effects creatively. In general, it’s important to maintain the clarity of any words that are sung to ensure that they can be easily understood in spite of additional effects.
While taking care of the mixdown, you‘ll realize quite often that the main vocal track sounds too weak to come out on top of the mix.
If EQ adjustments as well as chorus or reverb effects don‘t create a satisfying solution, it is time to make the vocals more present through doubling.
The effect of doubling vocals will sound more natural by multiple recordings of course. For this tutorial, though, we‘ll pretend that there is only one vocal recording and not different recordings of the same part.
- Samplitude Academy – Using EQ: Drums in the Mix 08/28/2014
- Samplitude Academy – More dynamic in your mix 07/23/2014
- Samplitude Academy – More punch in your Mix 06/24/2014
- Samplitude Academy – More loudness in your Mix 05/26/2014
- Samplitude Academy – Tempo Adjustment in Samplitude (part 2) 04/24/2014
- Tutorial: Mastering [Video Download] 08/03/2011
- Tutorial: General [Video Downloads] 08/03/2011
- Samplitude Pro X Studio Series 05/25/2012
- Layering guitars and “virtual” re-amping 12/19/2012
- Bob Humid – New album: Brockdorff Klang Labor – “Die Fälschung der Welt” 12/21/2012
- Bert Cross 2: I am new to Samplitude. I do I add the 9 content l...
- Abdelkrim: Ein gutes Programm Ich bin kein Profi, um zu dies...
- ferruz: Hi Sir, exellent DAWs! i downloaded your S...
- Francesc Castillo: Now it's OK. Thanks....
- Falk: Should work now. Thanks for your feedback!...
About Samplitude Pro X
Samplitude and Sequoia are high-definition digital audio workstations (DAWs), specializing in recording, editing, mixing and mastering. Both programs utilize an almost legendary audio engine and are independent of proprietary audio hardware as native software programs.. more info »
Free 30-days trial
no images were found