In this workshop we want to show you how to integrate backing vocals into your mix with depth and room effects that will make them sound natural…
Besides purely technical and audio corrections, Samplitude also provides the opportunity to process special effects creatively. In general, it’s important to maintain the clarity of any words that are sung to ensure that they can be easily understood in spite of additional effects.
While taking care of the mixdown, you‘ll realize quite often that the main vocal track sounds too weak to come out on top of the mix.
If EQ adjustments as well as chorus or reverb effects don‘t create a satisfying solution, it is time to make the vocals more present through doubling.
The effect of doubling vocals will sound more natural by multiple recordings of course. For this tutorial, though, we‘ll pretend that there is only one vocal recording and not different recordings of the same part.
- Samplitude Academy – Drum Replacement 06/23/2015
- Samplitude Academy: Distorted Guitars and Bass in the Mix 05/27/2015
- Samplitude Academy – Mixing with VCA’s 03/25/2015
- Samplitude-Academy: Using EQ: Guitar in the Mix 01/15/2015
- Samplitude Academy: Using EQ: Bass in the Mix 12/11/2014
- Tutorial: Mastering [Video Download] 08/03/2011
- Tutorial: General [Video Downloads] 08/03/2011
- Samplitude Academy – Drawing Events and Step Recording in the Matrix Editor (Piano Roll) 06/26/2013
- VSTi/MIDI synth recording and editing 05/27/2013
- Samplitude Academy – Record and edit MIDI drums 04/22/2013
- Bert Cross 2: I am new to Samplitude. I do I add the 9 content l...
- Abdelkrim: Ein gutes Programm Ich bin kein Profi, um zu dies...
- ferruz: Hi Sir, exellent DAWs! i downloaded your S...
- Francesc Castillo: Now it's OK. Thanks....
- Falk: Should work now. Thanks for your feedback!...
About Samplitude Pro X2
Samplitude and Sequoia are high-definition digital audio workstations (DAWs), specializing in recording, editing, mixing and mastering. Both programs utilize an almost legendary audio engine and are independent of proprietary audio hardware as native software programs.. more info »
Free 30-days trial